Our science tutors have the skills and experience to provide effective one-to-one tuition for pupils of all ages who would like assistance with studying science.
Science for life
Our science tutors share the view that learning about science encourages curiosity about the world and offers opportunities to find explanations for different phenomena. Our tutors also understand how scientific ideas have contributed to technological change – affecting industry, business and medicine – and are committed to bringing science to life for all their students.
Succeeding in science exams
Many students seek assistance from a private tutor in preparation for GCSE Science exams. Whether students are studying for GCSE Biology, GCSE Chemistry and GCSE Physics as triple awards or for GCSE Science and GCSE Additional Science or GCSE Additional Applied Science or one of the new science GCSEs, our home tutors can help make science easier to understand and enjoy.
Many students – and parents – find science complicated and confusing and feel frustrated and overwhelmed by the questions on past GCSE exam papers. Our home tutors can help to break science down for students and work through the curriculum at a pace with which they are comfortable, enabling students to overcome their frustration and build confidence for success in their GCSE Science exams and controlled assessments, whichever exam board specification they are following.
Home-School Tutoring also offers private tutoring for science from primary level through to GCE AS Level and A Level (including Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Human Biology, Physics and Applied Science), helping pupils of all ages to keep up in the classroom through effective and stimulating one-to-one tuition at home.
Taking the stress out of science
Our home tutors are committed to taking the stress out of science and making the subject enjoyable so pupils can progress. Our tutors work with students for short periods for specific difficulties as well as for longer term regular support, and students can receive tutoring in their own home, their tutor’s home or another suitable location.
Tuition you can trust
Home-School Tutoring was established in 1984 and has offered quality private tutoring for over 30 years. Our registration procedure ensures all our science tutors are suitably qualified before references are taken up and an enhanced DBS check is carried out.
Our science tutors are available to provide science tuition for:
- early years (pre-key stage 1)
- key stage 1 & 2 (primary level)
- the 11 plus, common entrance or independent schools’ exams
- key stage 3 & 4 (secondary level)
- special needs support (including dyslexia support)
- homework help
- GCSE Biology, GCSE Chemistry and GCSE Physics (‘triple award’ or ‘triple science’)
- Triple science for the English Baccalaureate (EBacc)
- GCSE Science, GCSE Science A, GCSE Science B, GCSE Additional Science, GCSE Further Additional Science, GCSE Additional Applied Science
- GCSE Human Health and Physiology, GCSE Environmental Science, GCSE Electronics
- IGCSE Combined Sciences
- AS and A Level Biology, AS and A Level Chemistry, AS and A Level Physics, AS and A Level Geology, AS and A Level Human Biology, AS and A Level Applied Science
- Further education (including Higher National Diplomas [HNDs])
- undergraduate degree level (university or college)
- adult education/mature students
Contact your Area Advisor
Your Area Advisor will be pleased to match pupils with the most suitable science tutor for their requirements, and remain in contact with you to respond to any queries or feedback. Please enter your postcode in our Tutor Search to find your local Area Adviser.
Home-School Tutoring is currently inviting applications from qualified science tutors who would like to join Home-School Tutoring. Please see Become a Tutor to apply.