Kate Stanbury B.A. (Hons) QTS
t: 02920 692912
m: 07881 412154
To Contact Kate Stanbury
Please complete the email form below.
Face-to-Face Tutoring and On-Line Tutoring
Hi, I am Kate and I would like to welcome to the Cardiff Region of Home-School Tutoring. The Cardiff Region covers Cardiff, The Vale of Glamorgan, Bridgend, Caerphilly and Rhondda Cynon Taff and we offer face-to-face tutoring or on-line tutoring.
Being the Area Advisor and Tutor Manager for Home-School Tutoring is the perfect role for me. I love to see pupils make progress and I am so aware of the different ways that we all absorb learning.
What I particularly love about being an Area Advisor and Tutor Manager for Home School Tutoring is to be able to help students and parents alike by providing the ‘best fit’ of tutor who is most suited to the needs of the child, student or adult.
As well as being a qualified teacher, I am also a parent of two teenage boys. I have sought the help of tutors myself and without a reputable agency and recommendation of tutors who have references and all the necessary checks, it is difficult to find tutors in a safe and secure way.
I have always had an interest in the Arts and regularly go the theatre with my husband Keith and my boys. We particularly enjoy musicals and have seen shows here in Cardiff and in Bristol and London. I also enjoy walking and being outdoors enjoying the countryside. Education enhances the whole of life!
I live in the area and with my colleague Amanda, we pride ourselves on recruiting a team of tutors in this region who share our passion for learning and who adapt their tutoring to the student’s individual needs and requirements.
So, if you are looking for a tutor or would like to become a tutor yourself, we would love to hear from you.
Kate Stanbury Area Advisor/Tutor Manager
Home-School Tutoring Cardiff and Newport Region
Tutoring for all levels and subjects:
We aim to offer tutoring in as many subjects and levels as possible. Please ask or get in touch with your enquiry.
- Curriculum subjects including Maths, English and Sciences
- Special Needs / Learning Difficulties / Dyslexia
- Entrance Exams ( inc. 11 +)
- A/AS Subjects
- Advanced Higher Levels
- Adult Learning
We are currently looking for more good Tutors in the Cardiff and Bridgend Areas.
If you can help, please get in touch. Thank you.
“When your child is actually enjoying studying a subject they previously detested, and is looking forward to their Weekly tutorial session then you can’t ask for any more than that.”
- Just to let you know that our son received his Maths GCSE resit mark today & he got a 6, which is great. Please could you pass on our thanks to the Tutor for all his help & thank you for providing the Tutor. (Maths GCSE AQA Board)
- We are happy with the sessions so far. Our son seems to enjoy them and would still prefer to have weekly lessons. He is always positive when we ask how the lessons went. I have asked if there is anything else that could be done to improve things but he says not at the moment. (Biology A Level Tutor and Geography A Level Tutor)
- Very happy with the tutoring sessions my son has received with the Tutor. (Maths GCSE AQA Board)
- My son is extremely happy with the teacher and we can already see a significant improvement in his Spanish. We couldn’t have asked for more. Many thanks for introducing us to the tutor. (Spanish GCSE Tutor)
- The tutor is amazing and my daughter is doing really well with her. The tutor has made herself available to my daughter at anytime if she needs to question her about anything. Wonderful tutor! (Maths GCSE Tutor)
- Thank you for choosing the tutor for us. She was amazing and I look forward to her further tutoring my son. She was very patient and knew how to get my son to concentrate. (Primary Tutor)
- I have two fantastic tutors for my 15 year old, he’s learning so much from them. He looks forward to his lessons every week, I would highly recommend both of them. (English GCSE Tutor and Maths GCSE Tutor)
- Very happy with tutoring my son is getting. Nothing needed to improve it. (Science GCSE Tutor)
- Firstly, can I express my sincerest thanks for arranging the tutor my son. He has been fantastic with my son and they’ve bonded very well over the last few months. The tutor has really taken the time to carefully plan his lessons to suit. We couldn’t have asked for more. (Maths GCSE Tutor)
- My daughter loved studying with these two kind teachers. Thank you very much. (English GCSE Tutor and Maths GCSE Tutor)
- The tutor is really good with my grandson. (Additional Needs Tutor- primary level)
- The tutor is a fantastic tutor explains things well to my daughter. She always feeds back to me at the end of the session. I think in terms of making things better I can’t honestly think of a way as the tutor is very organised and attentive to my daughter’s needs. (Science GCSE Tutor)
- We have been very happy with the tutoring our son has received from the tutor. He is always very punctual and gets to work with our son straight away to ensure they utilise the full hour. The tutor is very engaging and he and our son get on very well. Please thank the tutor for his time and perseverance – we have seen a huge improvement. (Maths GCSE Tutor)
- The lesson went absolutely brilliant on Monday. I think the tutor is wonderful! And I think she is definitely the perfect tutor for my niece and what we were looking for. Thank you so much for sorting everything out for us! Very much appreciated 🙂 (Primary Tutor)
- I am very pleased with the tutoring my son is receiving. The tutor has great ideas and she has been very very helpful. ( Primary Tutor for additional needs)
- My son is absolutely delighted with the teacher. (Spanish GCSE Tutor)