Rebecca Rafferty MA, BSc (Hons), PGCE
To Contact Rebecca Rafferty
Please complete the email form below.
Hello, I am Rebecca and the Area Advisor for Home School Tutoring Warwickshire. I have worked in education for over 23 years as a Chemistry and Biology teacher, a Head of Department and a senior leader within the UK and Switzerland. I have also worked as an Examiner and Moderator for A level Chemistry. I am passionate about education and ensuring all children are given the support and tools to allow them to be successful and to reach their potential.
Whilst working as a Director of Studies, a key part of my role was supporting the academic learning of all the pupils within the school. This involved creating individual education support plans and collaborating with the teachers to ensure every child was receiving the assistance they needed to be successful.
At Home-School Tutoring Warwickshire we are committed to recruiting the best tutors and matching them carefully to the students based on their experience. We offer individual or small group teaching and can support home-educated pupils as well as those with special educational needs and English as an additional language. We offer face-to-face tuition in a range of settings from a pupil’s home to schools, other educational establishments, and other organisations. We are also able to offer online tuition where this is more practical or preferred.
The advantage of one-to-one tuition is the ability to be totally flexible; my tutors can support a learner wherever they are on their learning journey, break down individual barriers to learning and foster a new-found confidence in their place.
The safety of all our pupils and tutors is of the utmost importance to us and all our tutors have been fully DBS checked and have excellent references.
We would love to be able to help you and your child by providing bespoke educational support. Please feel free to get in touch.
Rebecca Rafferty MA, BSc (Hons), PGCE.
M: 07483 298124
Note: New Tutors needed to join the team in this region
If you are a teacher or tutor, we would love you to join our team as we seek to expand and offer a greater range of subjects and skills across our area. Please do get in touch or complete the enquiry form and we will be delighted to hear from you.
Tutoring for all levels and subjects:
- Curriculum subjects including English language and literature, maths and further maths
- The Sciences – biology, chemistry, physics, sports science, environmental science, computer science
- The Humanities- history, geography, citizenship, religious studies
- Social Sciences- sociology, economics, politics, law, psychology, business studies, health and social care
- Languages including French, Spanish, German, Italian, Latin and Chinese.
- Creative Arts – music, visual art, design, history of art
- Theory of Knowledge (TOK)
We offer tutoring for all levels:
- Reception class
- Primary School
- Secondary School
- AS/A level
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- BTEC, NVQ,
- Pre-undergraduate/Foundation level
- Extended essays (EE) & Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
We offer specialised support for examination preparation:
- Common entrance
- 11 plus. 13 plus
- Independent school entrance exams
- AS/A levels
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
We have tutors that specialise in:
- Special Needs/Learning difficulties/Dyslexia
- English as an Additional Language (EAL/ESL)
- University Guidance and Counselling
- UCAS and personal statements
- Skills – presentation skills, basic IT skills, time management, communication, team working, essay and dissertation writing.
We are here to support adult learners as well as young people.
It has been nothing but a positive journey: "My daughter was struggling with English language and wasn’t getting the grade she needed for her GCSEs. I found Home School Tutoring and they were great. Rebecca found us a tutor in a matter of days. My daughter had tutoring online with Sue and she was great. The night before her first English Language paper my daughter said she actually felt ready and confident to do the exam. It has been nothing but a positive journey. Thank you." Kelly Vickery (June 2022)
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend: "My daughter's Chemistry mock result wasn't great so it was time to get some help. We have never used a tutor before but we are very glad we found Rebecca. She is an excellent teacher with a calm, patient and very encouraging manner. We have had both online lessons and face to face lessons and found both to be equally as good. My daughter had very little confidence with Chemistry but is actually starting to enjoy it which I never thought I would see! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Rebecca." Parent of a Y11 student. (April 2022)